Want to get rid of lingering scents made by pets? Discover how to remove dog and cat smell in the house, plus tips and suggestions here!
How to Remove Pet Odours from Soft Furnishings
It's tricky to know how to find pet odor from soft furnishings, because dogs and cats really like to spend a great deal of time sitting or lying back on comfy chairs and sofas, but if you use the straightforward way below at least one time a week, you'll soon have it under control. (Remember to check the care label of your furnishings before applying any therapy.)
To begin with, you want to give the seat or sofa a comprehensive vacuum to get rid of any skin or hair cells that have stuck to the surface of the cloth.
Next, scatter your pet's favourite place with baking soda and leave it to absorb some unsavoury smells during the night. (This is also great for eliminating dog or cat urine smell after accidents.)
Vacuum up the baking soda the following day and inspect the area for any noticeable stains which may be causing the smell.
Spot handle marks with a moist clean fabric and liquid detergent. Blot instead of rub the stain to lift the dirt away.
How to Eradicate Pet Odour from Bedding & Clothes
The easiest way to acquire bedding and clothes smelling fresh and nice is to set them in the washing machine using a top quality detergent such as Surf. Wherever possible wash duvets, pillow covers, and blankets in your washing machine based on the directions on the detergent bottle's side and the care label. You should take any large specialist items like rugs to your local dry cleaning professional.
You know how to get rid of dog odor in the home (along with a whole host of additional animal odours), you can focus on enjoying the company of your furry friends!
Pets are such fun to have around, but maintaining a furry friend means you also need to take extra care to keep up the cleanliness of your home. Whether or not you would like to know how to eliminate cat urine smells, or just freshen up animal-friendly locations, we have assembled this guide to removing pet odours so that you can be sure to get the task done quickly and with the minimum amount of fuss.
Identify the Main Sources of Pet Smell into Your Home
If you want to understand how to eliminate pet smells, you need to take into account where they come from in the first place, and know exactly where to wash to keep your house smelling fresh.
Pet odours may come from:
– Indoor litter trays
– Dirty cages or tanks
– Soft bedding and furnishings where pets have a spent a long time sitting or lying down
– Hair shedding and moulting
– Sweating and scent marking
– Dog pee smell from accidents while puppy training
To remove pet odours out of your home you need to:
– Empty litter trays, cages, and tanks regularly. Disinfect where possible to keep smelly germs .
– sterile soft furnishings and bedding regularly (see below).
– Often vacuum soft furnishings, carpets and flooring to pick up hair.
– If there's been an crash, eliminate cat pee smell or dog urine odor by washing tiled, wooden, or lino floors with a disinfectant. This can get rid of sweat and scent marking secretions.
– Take your pet for regular check-ups in the vet to capture any underlying health problems.